Comforter comes from the root word comfort; it offers you a more comfortable and relaxing sleeping time. The comfy feeling depends on the amount of fill and material type used to a soft and fluffy comforter. Whether it is summer or winter, comforter should deliver its purpose well.
After a long and tiring day, our body screams for a long rest. Sleeping is the only time or activity wherein both your body and mind relaxes, frees itself from stress, frustrations, and problems. Sleeping replenishes the energy you’ve exerted from yesterday’s hard work. With that, the bedroom is considered to be one of your buddies. Seeing your bed makes you want to jump on it and hug your bed. And when you lay down, it seems like someone is massaging your exhausted body and which makes you fall asleep. You can only feel that kind of feeling if your bedroom has a welcoming bed with a very cozy comforter.
TOP 10 COMFORTERS
Among the best sellers in the market, there are only 10 comforters that stand out. The following has been listed in descending type.
The ULTIMATE White Down Goose Alternative Comforter
The Ultimate White Down Goose Alternative Comforter is made with Premium Doubled Brushed 1800 Series Microfiber which is known to be softer than Egyptian cotton. It is constructed into a baffle box-stitched design to prevent shifting. It uses an allergy free 100% Polyester Microfiber Fill which resulted to a machine washable and hypoallergenic comforter.
Egyptian Bedding Egyptian Cotton Siberian Goose Down Comforter
Egyptian Cotton Siberian Goose Down Comforter is a luxurious bedding with a scale of light to medium firmness. This is made with Long Staple Giza Cotton from the Nile River Valley. It can stand alone without the support of a duvet cover. Thread count if 600 thread count per square inch with a fill weight of 80 ounces and filling power of 750 or more. This is also a hypoallergenic comforter with a comfort of medium warmth. It is cool yet warm, making it suitable for any seasons.
Superior Solid White Down Alternative Comforter
Superior Down Alternative Comforter features the soft insulating microfiber that provides you a more comfort when you rest. It is hypoallergenic since polyester fill is naturally hypoallergenic. It also offers an ultra-soft shell made of 100% Microfiber and lofty Down Alternative Polyfill. This comforter measures 88×90 inches and can be washed. It contains a filling weight of 77 ounces. The construction of this Superior Down Comforter has skillfully tailored its baffle box construction. It is double-stitched that keeps the polyester fill from shifting.
Pinzon Hypoallergenic White Goose Down Comforter
Pinzon Hypoallergenic White Goose Down Comforter features a patented 14-inch shiftless baffle box construction known as PermaBaffle that prevents shifting. It will remain soft, balanced and fluffy even when washed. Pinzon Down Comforter has a fill power of 600 that provides warmth. It allows your body heat to pass through the filling. This is suitable for all seasons since it gives you the warmth you need when winter is coming, and give you the coolness effect on your skin on summer nights. It has a thread account of 400 striped dobby weave and a filling weight of 40 ounces white goose-down filling.
Royal Hotel’s Queen Size Light Down-Comforter 650-Fill-Power 100 % Cotton Shell 300TC – Stripe White
The Royal Hotel’s Down Comforter is a 90×90 inches luxurious comforter that gives you a hundred percent Egyptian cotton with a 300 thread-count cover Sateen Striped. It has a filling weight of 36 ounces and allergy free fill power of 650. This comforter is constructed to a box-stitched design so that the fill will be evenly distributed resulting in an evenly soft touch. This luxurious comforter is imported from the Land of Cleopatra and crafted from long staple Giza cotton grown in the Nile River.
Queen Comforter, Year Round Down Alternative Comforter
The Queen Comforter by Hanna Kay is a moisture resistant with a 100% hypoallergenic and soft filling. This will be good if you have allergies. The Queen size has a dimension of 89 x 90 inches. It is constructed in a double box-stitched design so that comforter will be in its shape even after washing. With the microfiber cover, it offers you a no crinkling effect every time you move or turn over. This Hanna Kay Comforter will keep you warm in the winter and fresh in the summer because of its fill weight of 77 ounces.
Chezmoi Collection King Goose Down Alternative Comforter
The Chezmoi Collection White Goose Down Alternative comforter uses a polyester fiber fill down alternative and polyester microfiber for the shell. This Chezmoi Down Alternative Comforter is suitable for all season. It is made from Allergy Free Poly Fiber, such that, hypoallergenic down comforter that provides a cozy feeling while minimizing any allergic reactions. It is constructed in a box-stitched design to avoid any shifting Also, piped edges and four corner tabs for anchoring the cover so that it will not lose its shape and form. It has a dimension of 102×90 inches, a king size. You can choose different size depending on the size of your mattress.
Natural Comfort White Down Alternative Comforter
Natural Comfort White Down Alternative Comforter is a 100% micro fiber embossed shell and 100% polyester material filling. It is constructed in box-stitched design for an evenly distributed fill warmth in most of the seasons. This hypoallergenic down alternative comforter is light, fluffy and soft to touch with four corner loops. The dimension of this product is 104×95 inches for this King-size mattress.
KingLinen White Down Alternative Comforter Duvet Insert Twin
KingLinen White Down Alternative Comforter uses the poly fiber filling for the best level of comfort. It has a silky soft feeling that provides medium warmth which is good for winter season. Box-stitching is used for its construction to avoid any shifting in your comforter. It is also a 100% Hypoallergenic Poly Fiber Fill Down Alternative. Its dimension is 64×88 inches, twin size.
LINENSPA All-Season White Down Alternative Quilted Comforter with Corner Duvet Tabs
This Linenspa White Down Alternative Quilted Comforter from Linenspa is a reversible comforter that offers you an all-season ultra-soft microfiber comforter. It has a hypoallergenic down alternative fill. It will not make you sneeze or experience an itchy nose if you have a sensitive nose or you have an allergic rhinitis. Outer shell cover made of micro-convenience comfort resists wrinkling. This comforter is box-stitched to improve breathability. Each corner is sewn-in in loop orientation to secure it is the right place. Moreover, it is machine washable and dryer safe. The dimensions of this product (twin) is 68×86 inches and you can choose what size you want depending on the size of your mattress.
Fill power is the one responsible for giving warmth, especially in winter season. Fill power refers to the volume a single ounce of down feathers takes up, in other words, the higher the fill power, the larger and better quality of the down used. If you are into traveling, a lighter comforter is what you need. A Higher value of fill power results to a fluffier, lighter and cozier comforter.
- 0 – 400: Soft and lightweight warmth
- 400 – 500: All season warmth
- 600 – 799: Warmer. Lightweight. Mostly Hungarian and/or European.
- 800 and up: Highest insulation. Mostly Hungarian and/or European
There are two feathers used to create a high quality down. One is the duck and the other is from the goose. Matured goose or duck is a must since it gives the high fill power value. Duck down is cheaper and smaller but it still provides a good and equal amount of insulation. Goose down are the expensive one because it is fluffier and larger.
Fabrics determine the texture, insulation and also the quality of your comforter. There are four (4) most commonly used fabrics namely, Cambric, Damask, Sateen, and Batiste.
- Cambric – used basic weaving
- Damask – great price with great quality
- Sateen – has softer texture
- Batiste – durable and light
Construction refers to the sewing style of the comforter. If you have a sensitive nose, sewing style and how it was made must be considered since your comforter contains animal feather that can trigger your allergies. Construction also determines the durability and warmth capability of your comforter. Common comforter designs are baffle box, diamond box, and box design. With this kind of design, your down comforter will lay smoothly on your mattress.
- Baffle Box – baffles, the strips of fabric, are sewn to create compartments.
- Diamond-quilted – top and bottom layers of the comforter are sewn together in a diamond pattern.
- Gusset – either box-stitch or baffle-box stitch.
- Ring-stitch – small circles are used to sew together the top and bottom layers of the comforter.
Thread count refers to the number of thread used or tightly woven together in a square inch in a lengthwise or widthwise orientation. The number of threads that can be used depends on the quality of threads being used such that, the finer the thread, the higher the thread count and the higher the quality of the comforter. Also, with a fine and high thread count result to a strong and thick fabric.
A comforter completes the requirements to have a heaven-like bedroom. The comforter is what you need to achieve a more satisfying and relaxing resting place which is your bedroom. Buying a down comforter for your bed requires a knowledge on several factors and considerations in order to get the right comforter that really suits you. Aside from looking for a comforter that will help you in times of cold winter and hot summer, you must also look out for your wallet. You make buy the most luxurious comforter but being broke is not good. There will always be a comforter that will pass both your requirements and your budget. Once you have your own comforter, you need to treat it carefully. The longevity of your comforter’s life will not depend solely on its thread counts but will depend also on how you maintain and take care of it.
The following are some of the recommendations that are categorized accordingly.
Best Hypoallergenic Down Comforter
Pinzon is made from large clusters of goose down but has still enough space for the feathers to breathe. It allows the body heat to pass through in summer time. If you have an allergic rhinitis or have a sensitive nose, feathers are one of the many elements that can trigger the allergies. But, with this Pinzon Hypoallergenic White Goose Down Comforter, the filling was sanitized thoroughly to get rid the element that triggers allergies.
For some reason, even when sanitized thoroughly, the feathers will somehow trigger that sickness like asthma. If you are an asthmatic person, alternative down comforter is your good choice and it’s a must.
Best for Winter
Fill power plays an important role in your comforter. Without this, you could feel the temperature outside the comforter. It would be incapable of insulating you from the coldness and hotness of the temperature. With a fill power of 750, this Egyptian Cotton Siberian Goose Down Comforter is definitely on the top list.
Superior Solid White Down Alternative Comforter is suitable for cold winter nights. It gives you a comfort and warmth you are looking for because of its subtle softness made from the finest soft shell. As mentioned in the previous discussion that fills power is responsible for the warmth your comforter could offer, and this Superior Solid White Alternative Comforter has a fill power of 650.
Best for Summer
The scorching heat of the sun helps in draining your energy. A comforter with right ingredients can help you with that. To choose a comforter that is best for summer is to look for their weight. Lightweight comforters are good in summer. Linenspa White Down Alternative Quilted Comforter only weighs 2.2 pounds equivalent to 1 kilograms.
This Natural Comfort White Down Alternative Comforter only weighs 3.7 pounds which are equivalent to 1.7 kilograms.
Best Bang for Your Buck
This White Goose Down Alternative Comforter offers you a softer and smoother polyester comforter with dimensions 102 x 90 inches at a low price.
Best Among the Rest
As I’ve stated from the above discussion that this Ultimate White Down Goose Alternative Comforter was made from a cotton softer than Egyptian cotton. Egyptian cotton is known for its high quality. The comforter made from this cotton has an output of soft and fluffy comforter. It is also made from 100% Polyester which is good if you are allergic to feather and such.
Linenspa All-Season White Down Alternative Quilted Comforter - Corner Duvet Tabs - Hypoallergenic - Plush Microfiber Fill - Machine Washable - Duvet Insert or Stand-Alone Comforter - Queen
- Ultra-soft, reversible microfiber comforter with hypoallergenic down alternative fill
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- Sewn corner and side loops means you can secure your duvet cover at eight points instead of the traditional four
- Mid-weight, box-stitched duvet filled with soft, 300 gsm microfiber material that does not shift or clump
- Queen size comforter measurements are 88" x 92"; 3 year warranty
Superior Solid White Down Alternative Comforter, Duvet Insert, Medium Weight for All Season, Fluffy, Warm, Soft & Hypoallergenic - King Bed
2 used from $ 40.21
- SUBTLE SOFTNESS. With an ultra soft shell made of the finest 100% Microfiber and lofty Down Alternative Polyfill, this comforter / duvet insert excels in comfort. The microfiber shell is luxuriously soft and noiseless, and the hypoallergenic fill provides relief for those with allergies to goose down and feather bedding
- PERFECT FIT. This King comforter measures a generous 108" x 90" and contains 100 oz of fill, making it perfect for year round use. Pair it with one of Superior's many beautiful duvet cover sets, or use it on its own for a clean, hotel-inspired look
- CLASSIC STYLE. Complete your bedroom set with Superior's collection of mattress toppers, mattress protectors, blankets, and pillows. Our wide range of premium quality down alternative and memory foam bedding will make your bed so cozy, you'll never want to leave.
- EASE OF CARE. The baffle box construction, crafted with double needle stitching, prevents our fill from shifting. This beautiful comforter is machine washable, and can be tumble dried on low heat to re-fluff. We recommend removing all bedding promptly from dryer to reduce any wrinkling. Always follow care label instructions for best results
- GUARANTEE: PLEASE CHECK "SOLD BY" SELLER NAME. Superior and Grand Down products are not distributed internationally so please only purchase from a retailer that is based in the US. If your order arrives from an overseas shipper please know you did NOT purchase a Superior or Grand Down product. If your order arrives from a domestic location please confirm that it says Superior or Grand Down on the care label as well as HOME CITY INC as the manufacturer. If it does not, please contact Amazon and us immediately
The ULTIMATE White Down Goose Alternative Comforter Duvet Insert Hypoallergenic Double Brushed for Superior Softness and Washable QUEEN 74 Oz Fill
- TREAT YOURSELF TO LUXURY: Lavish Comforts Hotel Luxury 1800 Series Collection Down Alternative Comforter.
- SUPERIOR SOFTNESS: Made with Premium Doubled Brushed 1800 Series Microfiber. Softer than Egyptian Cotton.
- MACHINE WASHABLE and HYPOALLERGENIC: Allergy Free 100% PolyFiber Fill
- HIGH QUALITY: Made with the Highest Quality Microfiber Fill with Baffle Box Construction to Prevent Shifting.
- QUEEN DIMENSIONS: 90"x 90"